Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kindness

Today started out crappy; and really it was an extension of the sentiments following my appointment with the Haney's last night. I go over to show the Cutco and they tell me how Megan is supposed to graduate early and she wants to do mission work in the Dominican and then get her Master's degree right away. Oh yeah, and she hasn't had a real job ever because her parent's have always taken care of her finances. And they are taking her to Night of Joy at Disney this weekend. (And they only bought one knife.) Here I am, the Salutitorian transferred to USF and working 2 part-time jobs to make enough to save to finally get a car at the ripe-old age of 20. I'm going to finally get my undergrad in 5 years and I'm living at my parents' house. I started to cry when I was explaining that to Dad. I guess he felt bad and tried to make those problems seem insignificant by saying, "At least you have parents..." and proceeded to tell me about a story he heard from the Palmers last night at small group. Didn't help much at all. But I tried to change the subject so I wouldn't sob and we could possibly think about up-lifting things.
Today didn't start with such high spirits. But, Minnie comes by this afternoon asking me if I want to go out the Indian buffet to try out stuff. I say sure and Shradeh come along too. We had a really good time and I learned so much about the culture and how interesting it is. I love my Indian friends. They're so kind.
Finished CITI training. Gave them a piece of my mind in their survey at the end of the training. Retarded and waste of my time.
I'm eager for next week to arrive. I want to go back to Stetson and spend time with Keri and Chris. I miss them both terribly. And Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment