Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

End of my World

Today, nearly marked the end of my nursing career when technically, it had never begun.
I go on Blackboard to take my Mid-term exam for Anatomy and Physiology today and I notice Unit 4 is already up. That's weird. I go to the Exams tab to take the #3 exam and it  requests a password. Oh God. I go to the quizzes to see if they had been locked up (they're no longer available when an exam is available or if the exam has passed.) The quizzes aren't there. I check the syllabus. Testing period for #3: October 20-23. FML.
I'm in shock at this point and go straight to my e-mail to message the TA to see if there is any forgiveness for someone who honestly missed the exam, expected to take it and ace it today, has a perfect track record for getting assignments in early and has a 97% in the class. I press send. The emotion cascades like Niagra Falls. I go to tell Mom and can barely spit out the words between the gasping, sobbing and profuse mucus. The mid-term is 20% of your grade. That's 2 letter grades. That's a near 100% to a C. Getting such a grade would obliterate my chances of getting into USF's incredibly competitive 2-year accelerated BSN to RN program. There's nothing I can do, but wait. I'm so depressed I try to take my mind off it by studying but just fall asleep after gorging on an enormous ice cream sundae. Waking around 4:55 pm I check my mail and am nervous to see the TA messaged me back.
He reset the exam.
That guy is so getting a heart-felt Christmas card and candy.
He could have let me fail that mid-term.
He could have ended it then.
But he didn't.
And for that he deserves the utmost appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment